This small building stands alongside the road. It’s main use is now a polling station at election times.
The Village Blacksmith St Mary’s St Eynesbury, around 1910. Trolley family. ‘Joss’ Bass PO Messenger boy later prominent man & Racing Cyclist.
This photograph is held at St Neots Museum – Ref SNEMU 19184.108.40.206.
This building is now used for housing.
Back Row – Ted Cox, …Staddon, Dover man, unknown, Charlie Haynes, Albert Cox, Edward Payne, John Darrington, Fred Darrington, Fred Odell, Archie Cox
3rd Row – Charlie Allen, Ken Keightley, Charlie Dickens, Percy Philpot, Dover man, Maurice Darrington, Bobby Paxton, William Ruff, Jack Wilson, Arthur Wheeler
2nd Row – Harry Payne, … Fraser. Jacky Jeffs, Joey Allison, Sgt Major Evans, … Gayton, Sgt Garthwaite, unknown, Cpl Kellythorn, Alfred Clarke
Front Row – Jimmy Swan, George Darrington, John Darrington
Men from Dover came to live at Wyboston when they came up to work in the Paper Mill. The families were housed in some of the Land Settlement houses.
In the background the Paine & Co Flour Mill in Bedford Street can be seen. The helicopter brought Stirling Moss to open the new Simpsons petrol station in Huntingdon Street.
In 1958 Moss won the first race in a rear-engined F1 car. Within two years all car featured this design.