St Neots’ Corn Exchange, now demolished and replaced by the shops opposite what was then Midland Bank now Santander on south street as it joins the High Street, is pictured below on the right. It was a very beautiful building with a Cupola (shown) built in the 1860’s.
“In 1915 the building was purchased by C.A.James landlord of the Bridge Hotel who opened it as a Cinema. The building caught fire in 1929 and the Cupola fell down. It was refurbished and renamed the Pavillion Cinema until 1969 when the whole building was demolished.” – St. Neots Through Time (on sale at the St.Neots Museum)
This 1905 postcard for Cinderella, posted to Ms. Trundley Hail Western, presumably a publicity post card.