The Kiln is pictured center above and is one of only Two Remaining buildings.
“The Oast House and Maltings are 18th century buildings are all that remains of John Day’s brewery, which once covered all the area between here and the river. He acquired the brewery in 1814 from William Fowler, who built it. Most of the brewery
buildings were demolished in the 1960’s but the ‘Oast House’, which was a kiln for drying barley, was preserved and is a Scheduled Ancient Monument.” – Oast House